My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Dream until your dreams come true

Dream On came on the radio tonight when I was driving home from the BlogHer meet-up in San Francisco. I felt compelled to sit in the driveway until the song played out. I even busted out some air drums.

Every time I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It goes by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay


Damn. I don't know about you, but Aerosmith played a huge role in the soundtrack of my adolescence. The only thing missing from tonight's rock out in the driveway was a mirror won at the carnival with a couple of rails on it.

Maybe that's telling you more than you wanted to know.

Yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win


Nowadays I get intense feelings of euphoria--similar to feelings I got when doing illicit drugs in previous lifetimes--from doing things like talking to women about blogging.

Half my life
is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and
from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you


I'm feeling very positive about my life right now. I'm happy about what is and what is ahead.

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away


Dream On.