My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Blog entry from the edge

Mommy Bloggers emailed me and asked me to tell them what I have been up to since they featured me.

Um, putting away Christmas Holiday decorations and masturbating?

Oh wait, I'm a mommy. How about putting away Holiday decorations and reading about another mom masturbating? There, that's more like it.

The truth is that I've got lots of things on the burner and I'm hoping that counts for being up to something. I'd like to think it does, but right now it's all in the speculation stage. Here's the rundown.

1. A random publicist (random to me, that is) found my blog and asked me if I would like to review a book she is helping to promote. I told her that I'm a busy person who in no way could commit to a deadline and besides I haven't sold my soul for rock-n-roll-n-blogging, yada, yada, yada, but who am I kidding? I'm flattered she found me and asked me, and since it's a book I might have bought anyway, what do I have to lose? It's not like I've got a portrait of my pre-blogging self in my attic or something. Anyway, I got my copy of Woman First, family always in the mail today and I'm actually not hating the book although I would love to hate the author since she's birthed ten children and yet she has hips like a little boy's. But I digress. Anyway, look for my review soon. I think I can learn something from this woman and maybe you can, too.

2. I'm currently writing a review of a certain other book which I cannot tell you about because I'm hoping (fingers crossed!) that my review will be published on a certain online literary magazine's website. I'm putting myself and my writing out there. It's a scary step but a necessary one, and it's one of the things I resolved to do more of in 2006. Wish me luck!

3. I've been invited to attend a mommy blogging focus group thingie in Menlo Park. I wasn't going to mention this, but other people have blogged that they will be there so I figured I might as well chime in that I will be, too. What's it all about? I'm not entirely sure, but one of us mommy bloggers in this here blogosphere will undoubtedly live to blog about it. The revolution will be blogged, people.

I guess that's it for "what's new with Mary Tsao" chit chat. I'm going to try and blog this weekend about some things that are important to me, namely, why I want to raise my Eurasian kids in the Bay Area (January 29 is Chinese New Year!) as well as a review of You'll Never Nanny In This Town Again, a book that made me chuckle, cry, and cringe, sometimes simultaneously. Also, Monday night is a meet up for BlogHers in the Bay Area. If you're anywhere near San Francisco, check out this post and meet me at the Thirsty Bear!

Happy blogging, friends.