My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

The procrastinating mother, her son, and his purse

I've admitted before that I am the newsletter editor for my Mothers Club's newsletter. In practical terms, this means that once a month for three days I am pretty busy alternating between procrastinating working on the newsletter and actually working on the newsletter.

Guess what I'm doing right now.

Have you ever noticed that when you have something important to do--it doesn't matter what it is--everything else you have to do gets done along with about a million other little things? For example, today I have made breakfast, cleaned both bathrooms, vacuumed, done laundry, checked email, taken some pictures, made lunch, trimmed and cleaned two houseplants, made tea (three times), organized some books, and played with kids.

I have not worked on the newsletter.

But I will! Sometime after I finish this blog post, I will panic and begin to work on the newsletter. That should be right around the time that Thomas wakes up from his nap. But have no fear! Before I go to bed tonight, the newsletter will be done and burned onto a CD. I will drop it off at the printer tomorrow and life will get immediately less stressful. Until then, I am using this low-grade constant stress to catch up on a month's worth of chores.

To keep you amused while I slave over a hot keyboard and curse Microsoft Publisher, I present you with my son, who can hold a purse like nobody's business. Actually, he holds it a lot like my grandma did.



And lest you think my husband does nothing but play online poker when he's not at work, here's a snap of the roses he bought me yesterday "just because." Awww... I tell ya, absence and flowers do make the heart grow fonder.



***
Technorati tags: ,