My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

 

In a blazer of glory


Leaving for school
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
Emily goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays so this morning I dressed her in her Valentine's Day outfit, and Mike dropped her off at school with her box for valentines and a bag of treats and cards for her classmates and teachers. Last night I worried for a tiny second that I was going overboard with the treat bags. Each kid and teacher got a plastic bag that contained a handful of candy-covered kisses and M&Ms and a valentine "signed" by Emily (I signed her name and she did some coloring on each one.)

When I saw what she got from the other kids, I realized that I had no reason to worry. She got lots of treat bags, some elaborate homemade cards, a homemade crayon heart made from melted down crayons, red envelopes filled with chocolate coins, a coupon for a free martial arts class, and a homemade necklace of chocolate bars. All in all, it was a pretty good haul for her first school Valentine's Day.

Oh, and I found her this little red corduroy blazer on the deep discount rack at TJ Maxx. I don't know if I'm grooming her for the boardroom or what, but I can't think of anything cuter than a little girl in a blazer.

Have a great Valentine's Day tomorrow!