My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

Sometimes you feel like a Gastropoda; sometimes you don't


Gastropoda
Originally uploaded by marytsao
It was a long, productive day. I addressed and mailed invitations to Emily's birthday party, sent a card and check to a cousin who graduated high school, did laundry (natch), cleaned house (of course), dropped off dry cleaning, returned a movie, went to a parent-teacher conference for Emily, attended a meeting in my recovery program (more on that when I'm not so tired), worked with Emily to create a family tree for her to bring to school, and enrolled the kids in summer camp.

Enrolled the kids in summer camp! That deserves a paragraph and exclamation point all its own. For three weeks this July/August I will be free as a snail from 8:30 to 11:45 on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. No kids. Wow. Summer camp is basically one step away from becoming a soccer mom. There's no doubt in my mind that I am as mom-like a creature as a person can be.

I definitely did not feel like a Gastropoda today.