My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Going short(s)


6-2-07
Originally uploaded by marytsao
After a rather busy week last week, I had a nice, relaxing weekend. I'm trying to put into words what was nice about it besides a litany of what we did. The time flowed well, I did some work and accomplished some goals, and there was a nice balance between social time, family time, and me time.

I don't have any pictures of the me time, but if I did they would be of me puttering around the house, me making myself lunch of crab cakes with corn relish and iced tea, me reading a book while sitting in the sun on the front patio, and me napping on the couch in the family-friendly playroom. A truly glorious day.

Mike and I worked well together this weekend. I took the kids to a birthday party on Saturday and left him alone for four hours to relax and do his own thing. I didn't even ask him if he wanted to come; I knew it wasn't how he wanted to spend his time. It was nice being at the party without him because I didn't have to wonder if he was bored and I didn't have to leave early because he was. A win-win situation for both of us. Today he took the kids to visit his mom and I got my quiet time, which I very much enjoyed. It's nice to be able to share parenting responsibilities in this way. I'm sure the kids benefit from the dedicated parent time, too. They're used to being with me; it's Mike they rarely get all to themselves.

So that's pretty much it, a peaceful weekend with nary a fight in sight. I suppose I also could mention that I went shopping for shorts on Friday and found three pairs that I not only don't hate with all my heart, but that I actually do love with all my big 'ol booty. Shorts! That I love! Shorts are tough for me to love because as a pear, I tend to prefer A-line skirts that camouflage my assets. But I actually had one of those rare positive dressing room experiences on Friday that left me mighty happy with all that is going on down there. *Waves hands around butt, hips, and thighs.* Based on this one shopping trip alone, I can tell this is going to be a damn good summer.