My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Texas in a moment of weakness

I'd better dust off my diamonds because this Mama's going to Texas!

In a moment of weakness I decided that flying to Texas alone with my two small kids was a good idea. Thanks to the power of the Internet, I was able to purchase tickets and rent a car (and car seats!) for a reasonable price. So we'll be off to visit Tutu Jewel in San Antonio August 10 to August 14. This whole thing was my sister-in-law Jennie's idea so she'll be the obvious one to blame when things go horribly wrong. I mean if, not when. Did I say when? She'll be in Austin on business and we tried to get on the same flight as her but the timing was no good. The kids and I will fly into Austin a day later than Jennie, pick up our rental car, swing by and get her, then hot foot it out of town to San Antonio before rush hour traffic starts. Good plan, huh?

Wow. I simply cannot believe that I am going to fly 3.5 hours each way alone with a toddler and a baby. I must be crazy. I told Mike that he owes me BIG TIME for giving him five days of peaceful alone time. I'm not sure when he's going to pay me back, but it could be as early as tomorrow when I leave him all day with an unweaned baby who won't drink from a bottle while I attend BlogHer '05. I think it may be a fair trade.