My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

 

Backyard party: status report 9/07/05

I didn’t blog about it at the time, but while the kids and I were in Texas, Mike and I received a letter from the San Mateo County Planning and Building Division. Our permit to remove the three Monterey Pine trees in our backyard was approved!

Today the mighty pines were felled by a team of hardworking, strapping young men. It was fun to watch them wield big power tools and clean up when they were done. But I’m not a Desperate Housewife. Basically, some fine guys came and took our trees away and now the real fun begins.

Now is when I get to start calling guys who do the work of landscapers but who don’t call themselves landscapers. In other words, who don’t charge like landscapers. Oh joy. Luckily, I’ve gathered a handful of names and numbers from friends and hopefully one of them will work out. Eh, who am I kidding? I’m just hoping one of them will call me back so I can pretend that we actually got competing bids before telling him that we chose his.

On second thought, maybe I am a desperate housewife.