My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

NaNoWriMo Day 2: Practicing to make perfect

Word count is up to 4,021 and my new mantra is practice makes perfect.

Practice makes perfect.

Practice makes perfect.

Even though I might write a bunch of crappy stuff one day, I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm simply going to do the best writing I can each day, not look back, and eventually I'll get better at writing fiction, which is something that I've never actually done before now.

I've set myself a daily goal of 2,000 words. I could probably write more--as Melanie commented, it might be possible to generate 3,000 words a day--but I'm purposely not going over my self-allotted word count. I fear burnout and I think it would be wise for me to keep doing other things that I love to do.

Other things that I love to do include, but are not limited to, showering, eating, blogging, and taking care of my children with a smile on my face.

Technorati tag: