My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

What's for Dinner Wednesday

[Updated to add link to pictures!]

Today is Ash Wednesday, which is the beginning of Lent and fasting and the abstaining of things you really like such as alcohol, chocolates, sex with the gardener, or watching TV shows that feature sex with gardeners.

This is where not being a practicing Catholic definitely comes in handy.

Today also is What's for Dinner Wednesday hosted by the lovely and intelligent Kris over at Crib Ceiling. (Get it? Crib Ceiling? That which really is holding back women from achieving the same status as men in the workplace? Get it? I do.)

Last but not least, today also is the day I'm scheduled to make a new mom's dinner for a woman in my Mothers Club who recently gave birth. So in honor of not fasting and because I found this recipe that I really wanted to try, tonight I'm making the following most fabulous meal for my new mom friend.

    New Mom's Dinner for Wednesday March 1, 2006

  • Irish Beef Stew (recipe from Simply Recipes by Elise Bauer. Excellent food and recipe blog!)

  • Caesar Salad

  • Loaf of crispy sourdough bread

  • Brownies

And this time I thought I'd double the recipe so that my family can share in the love instead of having to go out to eat, which is what we normally do after I wear myself out cooking somebody else dinner.

***
Technorati tags: ,