My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

Play-Doh you didn't

Emily says No to Play-Doh perfume

Play-Doh is turning 50! What started out as wallpaper cleaner, Play-Doh now enjoys the notoriety of National Play-Doh Day (September 18th).

You go, Doh.

Play-Doh is certainly a celebrity, and, like all celebrities, has its own scent. That's right. Eau de Play-Doh is available online and will be coming this summer to a Sephora near you. For $19, you can smell like you're three years old. That's... neat.

I find the thought of Play-Doh perfume offensive, but I definitely give Play-Doh itself the mom's seal of approval. In fact, let me tell you newbie moms right now: Accept no substitutes! Only the real Play-Doh has the right consistency, and I find it the easiest to clean up from the rug and floor. Don't get Fake-Doh at the dollar store. Trust me; I speak with the voice of experience. Oh, and here's a link to the official directions on how to remove Play-Doh from carpet, upholstery, or fabric. Just in case.

Happy birthday, Play-Doh.

***
Technorati tags: , , ,