My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

My Moment

My friend Charlene of Crazedparent and Maya's Mom is hosting a new Wednesday meme called My Moment. She writes:

As parents, we spend so much time taking care of everyone else -- our kids, our spouses/partners, our families, our work -- and we sometimes forget to take care ourselves. Oftentimes our so-called "moments" are confined to when our kids are in bed for the night...and we're too tired to really enjoy our peace.

So let's change that. At least for one day.


I was on the go from the minute I woke up this morning, doing laundry, making breakfasts, making beds, putting address stickers on newsletters, vacuuming the food particles off the kitchen floor... you know the drill. After Rosa showed up to watch the kids, I ran off to do errands: bank, post office, grocery shopping. Somewhere in the middle of my errands, I realized that my stomach hurt. Oh ya, it was time for lunch.

Funny, but sometimes it's hard for me to know what the heck I want to do for lunch when I'm alone. If the kids were with me, I'd ask them. If Mike was with me, I'd ask him. I have to really think in order to answer the question when I'm alone.

But I remembered Charlene's post and realized that here was a perfect opportunity for me to have "a moment." (Quit snickering, please.) That's when I realized that what I wanted to do for lunch was read a trashy magazine cover to cover while hunched over a fast food chicken teriyaki and rice bowl.

And that's exactly what I did.

What will your moment be today? Go tell Charlene!