My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Sunday, October 16, 2005

 

What's new

I'm in a bullet point frame of mind. Here are some recent headlines from the Tsao Family Chronicles.

  • Baby's got a new pair of shoes
    We got Thomas his first pair of shoes. He wears size 4. He's walking a lot now, and walking is his preferred mode of travel over crawling.

  • 2-year-old toddler thinks apricots are pacifiers
    Emily has an odd habit. If you give her a dried apricot, she'll put it in her mouth and suck on it for hours. While she's sucking on it, she's very quiet, almost catatonic. It's weird. She never used a pacifier, but she now has a freaky thing for sucking on apricots.

  • 10-month-old tot likes to climb Mt. Mommy
    Sometimes when I come home from jogging and I sit on the floor to contemplate doing some crunches, Thomas is so excited to see me he comes over and literally climbs up my body using my belly rolls as foot holds. Honestly. Grammie Martha has witnessed this climb of love.

  • VonTsao Family Singers bring child-like flavor to disco classics
    On the way to Family Breakfast (tm) today, The BeeGee's Staying Alive came on the radio. Emily quickly learned the "Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Staying Alive, Staying Alive. Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Staying Aliiiiiiiiiiiive, Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, Iiiiiiiiiiive." She then instructed Thomas to, "Sing!" and he started chiming in. And I swear they were in harmony with both themselves and The BeeGees. We might have to let these two earn the money around here. I wonder if this is how Papa Jackson realized that his kids were talented.

  • Local family thinks landscaper should be canonized
    Our awesome landscaper and his team have been hard at work now for one week. I'm not going to post any pictures until the work is done. I love the whole "before and after" thing; I'm a sucker for makeovers. Maybe it’s because I need one. All I have to say at this point is that it's fantastic to look out the window and see professionals doing in days what it would have taken Team Family (tm) months or years to do.

  • Suburban mommy gives up toilet training
    Last week (Day 9 of toilet training), I decided that Emily isn't ready for this new stage in her life. And even if she isn't ready, I'm definitely not ready. I figured out that toilet training was one reason why I was so cranky last week. I hate being stuck in the house. I hate cleaning up big puddles of pee. I hate cleaning up pants of crap. And I especially hate it when the accident happens seconds after I ask, "Do you need to go potty?" and she replies, "No. No potty." We are giving up potty training for now. We will revisit at some future point. Don't hold your breath.

  • Housewife and mother asks silly question
    Is it Halloween yet?!? Is it true that when I was young Halloween lasted one night and now it lasts the entire month of October? We've already been to two different pumpkin patches and we're going to another one tomorrow. We've got a pumpkin carving party on the 29th, a Halloween party on the 31st, and then there's trick-or-treating that night. Have the goths taken over? Why is it that every day is Halloween? How much longer do I have to resist giant bowls of tiny candy bars?!

  • Tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week. I wish all of you a good one.