My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, November 03, 2005

 

100 things about me

In honor of my 100th Blogger post, here is the long-awaited 100 things about me.

  1. I like to laugh.
  2. I like to laugh both with people and at people.
  3. My favorite kind of humor is sarcasm.
  4. I like chocolate.
  5. I love cookies.
  6. My favorite color is blue.
  7. I have blue eyes.
  8. My first bike was a sky blue Schwinn cruiser.
  9. I was born in Oak Park, Illinois.
  10. I am a fraternal twin.
  11. My sister's name is Barb and she lives in a suburb of Chicago.
  12. She has made me an aunt three times.
  13. I have never met my father.
  14. My mother is only 22 years older than me and the age difference seems to lessen every year.
  15. I come from a large family.
  16. Most of my family lives in Illinois.
  17. I have lived in Illinois, Texas, and California.
  18. When I was little I always had my head in a book.
  19. My aunt used to say that I was 9 going on 30.
  20. Around this same time, she once told me to think before I speak.
  21. I have never forgotten her advice.
  22. My mom married my step dad in 1979. (Or was it 1980?)
  23. My family moved to Austin, Texas in 1980.
  24. In 1980 I was in 7th grade.
  25. My family moved to California in 1982.
  26. In 1982 I was in 9th grade.
  27. In high school I liked heavy metal and hard rock music.
  28. My favorite band in high school was Metallica.
  29. My favorite band of all time is Metallica.
  30. My second favorite band of all time is Led Zeppelin.
  31. I was considered a stoner but I got good grades.
  32. I graduated from Acalanes High School in 1986.
  33. After I graduated I went to Chico State.
  34. My first night in the dorms I vomited on my bed.
  35. That year Chico State was voted #1 party school in the nation by Playboy magazine.
  36. During college I started listening to alternative rock and goth music.
  37. I dropped out of college after 2 years.
  38. After I dropped out of college I moved to San Francisco.
  39. I lived in a bunch of different places.
  40. I worked at a law firm and it sucked.
  41. For a brief period of time I was a temp worker.
  42. Being a temp worker definitely sucked.
  43. That's when I got a job at an insurance brokerage firm.
  44. I eventually worked my way up to the position of Underwriter.
  45. I worked at this insurance brokerage firm for 8 years.
  46. I may have enjoyed my job for 1 of the 8 years that I worked there.
  47. The rest of the time it sucked.
  48. While I worked there I had a boyfriend.
  49. He became my first husband.
  50. We had no kids together.
  51. We did have two cats.
  52. He lives in San Francisco and we occasionally see each other.
  53. I finally was honest with myself about how much I hated my Underwriting career so I quit and went back to college to finish my degree.
  54. While I was in college I divorced my first husband.
  55. I started dating a guy who was 20.
  56. I was 29.
  57. In 2000 I graduated with a degree in Technical Writing from San Francisco State.
  58. I got a job as a Technical Writer.
  59. I worked for a software company during the dot com years.
  60. I was supposed to get rich after our company went public.
  61. I did not get rich.
  62. I was lucky I didn't get laid off during the multiple rounds of lay offs.
  63. I met my husband at this company.
  64. Our courtship was brief and to the point.
  65. Our second child was born one month after our second anniversary.
  66. Our third anniversary is November 16, 2005.
  67. I love my husband.
  68. I really like my husband's family.
  69. I have a daughter named Emily.
  70. When I look at her I see my husband.
  71. This is not a bad thing.
  72. She has brown eyes and she's the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen.
  73. I breastfed Emily for six months.
  74. I have a son named Thomas.
  75. When I look at him from the back I am amazed at how wide his head is.
  76. I remember how hard it was to get his head out of my body.
  77. But I have forgotten the pain.
  78. Thomas has blue eyes and people say he looks like me.
  79. I hope this is a good thing.
  80. I am still breastfeeding Thomas.
  81. He is 11 months old.
  82. I don't know if we will have any more children.
  83. I like to read.
  84. I like to write.
  85. I would like to be a published author.
  86. I have written a number of books with titles like AvantGo 4.0 Users Guide.
  87. I liked being a Technical Writer.
  88. I'm not sure if I'll return to my career as a Technical Writer.
  89. I like to garden but I haven't done it seriously in years.
  90. I like to ride motorcycles.
  91. I enjoy food, both cooking it and eating it.
  92. I have never had an eating disorder.
  93. My body type is pear.
  94. In college my friend told me that if I was an animal, I'd be a seal.
  95. I have child bearing hips.
  96. I used to collect vintage tablecloths and Hall pottery.
  97. I stopped collecting vintage items when I started having children.
  98. Coming up with 100 things about myself is hard.
  99. I hope you don't think I'm a wimp if I quit now.
  100. I did it!


Technorati tag: