My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

The day the Internets smiled on me


Mommy wears Ryka
Originally uploaded by marytsao
The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations.
~Eli Khamarov, "Surviving on Planet Reebok"

Last month I entered mod*mom's contest for a complete Ryka outfit, and guess what? I won! I got to peruse the Ryka website and pick out anything I wanted, including shoes. When I told mod*mom what I wanted (shorts, cami top, shoes), she gently suggested that I get a jacket instead of a cami top. She's smart; I took her suggestion.

The outfit arrived today and I LOVE it. The shorts fit well and are really comfortable. The jacket is so soft, and--this might seem silly--the zipper is wonderful. I'm so sick of cheap zippers on jackets. Are you with me? The shoes are so nice I don't even want to wear them out of the house 'cause I don't want to get the soles dirty. Here's some pictures of me looking sporty in my new outfit. Thanks, mod*mom!

Mod*mom does lots of great giveaways. In fact, she's doing a Father's Day giveaway of a boon high chair. Tres hip.

The other unexpected surprise that arrived on my doorstep was from Nintendo, a copy of Big Brain Academy and my very own Wii Degree. Awww shucks. Thanks, guys!

Although not related to the Internets, another nice, surprise thing that happened today was that Mike invited me and the kids to lunch at his work. Hangin' with daddy is always fun and the food at his work is worth the drive.

So even though there were some lots of moments of Thomas being a stereotypical "terrible two" today, it was cool that packages filled with goodies arrived with my name on them and I got to eat a custom-made salad for lunch instead of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

A good day.