My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, July 04, 2005

 

Sky rockets in flight

Tonight Mike and I had a discussion/heated debate/argument, at the end of which I felt that his psychoanalysis of me was right. I am a person who demands justice in the world. And that would be justice on a daily basis, thank you very much. For example, I often use words like "fair" and "equal" when describing life situations. Or more accurately, I often use the words "unfair" and "unequal".

Apparently I feel that there exists one big balance sheet titled Me vs. The World and that my Accounts Receivables column just keeps growing and growing and growing. Most unhappiness I feel in my life can be summed up by the questions: When will I be compensated for all of the things that I do? When will so-and-so have to work as hard as me? When will life be fair??

I'm fairly confident that I have a combination of past upbringing, current trials of motherhood, and a sprinkling of college-learned feminism to blame for the thoughts that gnaw at my brain. And although the jury's still out on whether or not I am justified (again, that fairness thing) in my feelings, I now have something tangible to contemplate working on when I'm cruising the self help aisle in our local Borders.

Posts containing psychobabble coming soon to a blog near you.