My Photo
Location: Northern California

Read all about the adventures of the Tsao Family during the summer of 2012

Thursday, March 09, 2006


Some buzz about spelling bees

I'm more into spell checks than spelling bees, but Mike sent me a link to this footage of the most exuberant spelling bee winner ever.

Which made me remember Spellbound, a movie we saw two years ago at the Parkway Theater in Oakland. It was a Monday night--Baby Brigade! I was working at the time and Mike was a part-time stay at home dad. I drove to the theatre after work and met up with Mike and 3-month-old Emily. She was so cute! Still is, actually... Oh, and the movie was funny and brilliant yet also sad and a little unnerving. To see a kid work that hard only to slip up and misspell a's heartwrenching entertainment. And yet, I recommend it!

Last but not least, The 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee is now playing at the Post Street Theatre in San Francisco. Elisa Camahort saw it and writes:
"I'm glad the show was short and sweet (under 2 hours with no intermission.) And I enjoyed parts of it very much. But the musical numbers found me with my attention drifting and my interest waning. And for a musical, that's really not a good sign."

Technorati tag: