My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

Trolling for Sarah Jessica Parker


Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery!
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
The problem with seeing one celebrity is that you start wanting to see them all. Where's Chris Noth? Where's Kate Hudson? Where's Sarah Jessica Parker???

I read on some online message board that SJP lives in Greenwich Village and has been spotted at Magnolia Bakery and Bleecker Playground. Coincidentally, that's where the kids and I ended up this afternoon.

No SJP. Insert frown face here.

Oh well, at least we had a wonderful side benefit from our visit to sugar-and-cream, Manhattan meca Magnolia Bakery: a box of their famous cupcakes.

Insert big crazy smile and goo goo eyes face here.

I figured I deserved one two cupcakes since the kids and I had walked all the way to Robert F. Wagner Jr. Park this morning for a Preschool Play shindig on the lawn in front of the Statue of Liberty. These New Yawkers really know how to party. There were toys and balls and gym mats and storytime; it was heaven for the four and under set. Afterwards I took the kids to a fancy lunch at Giginos. That lasted about 15 minutes, and I'm sure the other patrons wished we hadn't tried to turn the place into Red Robin without the music and balloons but with the whining and the reprimanding. But my Arugula Salad and my Lentil Soup with Broccoli were very good, even if I was forced to inhale them because a certain little girl decided she had had enough of tablecloths, fancy silverware, and her $10 plate of bowtie pasta.

Yes, I deserved both of those Magnolia Bakery cupcakes. Which is what I told myself as I crammed into my mouth the one I had gotten for me as well as the one I had gotten for Sarah Jessica Parker just in case we had run into her at the park.

Tomorrow: Children's Museum of Manhattan!

***
Technorati tags: , ,