My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Two thumbs up for Hudson River Park

I'm super tired but I have to blog about Hudson River Park. I love it. I want to move here and live next to it. A nice luxury condominium view loft in TriBeCa would suit me fine. Ahem.

Last night I went running from our place in Chelsea down to the Chelsea Piers, then down the jogging/biking/blading path south along the Hudson River. I ran the path again tonight and took this photo of the city looking north from a pier off the path. The path affords a spectacular view of both the mid to southwestern Manhattan skyline as well as the downtown New Jersey skyline. Plus it's clean, well-lit, and has heated bathrooms every quarter mile. I just can't say enough good things about Hudson River Park.

...And yet I can! Today I went there with Emily and Thomas and we visited a beautiful playground right on the water. Then we strolled down all the way to Battery Park and over to the the WTC site. The kids didn't mind how much time that took because they were enjoying the view and the water. We had a nice time on our four hour jaunt, but treated ourselves to a cab ride home. More photos are in our vacation photo album on Flickr.

And now to finish reading Andi Buchanan's new anthology It's a Girl, which I'll tell you more about on Wednesday. If I had a third thumb, I'd be holding it up for this book; it's (not surprisingly) terrific.


***
Technorati tags: ,