My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Ah yes, the dreaded college party photos

Steph left a comment on my post about ex-girlfriend/boyfriend memorabilia and brought up another kind of item that many of us hide, some of us burn, and others of us are just tipsy enough to post on their blogs.

Guess to which group I belong?

Behold, in all of its glory, a college party photo from the Mary Tsao (formerly Mary Spivey) archives. Specifically, this is a picture from my 19th birthday party.

1987_19_years_old


It was August of 1987 in Chico, California. That was a fun summer, and yes, in case you were wondering, I am high as a kite in this photo. The guy to my left was my boyfriend for a day or two -- maybe a whole week. Until he dumped me for a girl that I knew. She asked my permission if she could start sleeping with him. As she explained it, he was amazing and also really into Love and Rockets. And she was, too!

I let her have him. I was really only attracted to him because of the fact he wore Jovan Musk for Men. He also had a glass eye.

He passed away about fifteen years ago. R.I.P, Mark.

***
Technorati tags: , , , ,