My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, May 07, 2007

 

And so it begins


Me and T, by Emily
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
Thomas is growing up. Recently he has begun getting himself out of his crib in the morning and proceeding by himself into the kitchen, where he spends approximately thirty second being happy until he realizes that he can't get his own juice. At that point he comes into our room in search of a peacefully sleeping parent who can wake up PDQ and get him some juice. The time is usually 6:30 AM. Now that he puts himself into his crib at night and also gets himself out of it in the morning, it's possible that it's time for him to move into a big boy bed. But! But! But! My baby!

Then today he decided that hey, guess what, diapers are for Losers and Babies and he is neither of those things. He's now running around wearing Emily's undies, and Mike has the responsibility of stopping on the way home from work and picking up some big boy pants in size 2T. My baby! In big boy pants!

I know. He's going to hate me for this post one day.

And if that's the case, then let me proceed to humiliate him even further. See, today my friend and her son came over and because the weather was so warm, the clothes came off. Emily started it and Thomas and my friend's son quickly followed suit. That's when Thomas realized out loud, "Hey, he's got a weenie like me!" He was very impressed by his friend's ability to pee on a bush, and the rest--as they say--is history.

And so begins the journey down potty training lane. So far I've cleaned up one wet mess and I've decided against leaving the house to go on a post office run. Something tells me I'll be sticking close to home for the next month or so. Wish me luck sanity, k?