My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Friday, June 08, 2007

 

Rockin' the tired, happy, and excited way


Rockin'
Originally uploaded by marytsao
I'm borrowing this idea from Bethany of Mommy Writer Blog. She asks, "What three words describe how you are feeling right now?"

Right now I'm tired, happy, and excited:

Tired -- The day started with Emily, Thomas, and I going to a preschool end-of-year party and picnic. After that we came home and I did laundry, cleaned the house, broke down an amazing number of cardboard boxes for recycling, and packed three suitcases and other assorted bags for our vacation. I can't say I *made* dinner since we had peanut butter on toasted bagels. After dinner I altered the dress I never got around to sewing two weeks ago. Then I cleaned the kitchen and did a quick thirty minute workout (20 minutes of cardio, 5 minutes of hand weights, 5 minutes of crunches, stretching, and push ups). In between doing all of the above, I refereed fights over the following items: a Hello Kitty board book, a bike, a baby doll, a bagel sandwich. Oh, and whose turn it was to turn off the television. These things are why I am tired.

Happy -- Everything's done! The kids are nestled all snug in their beds! I've got that wonderful feeling of satisfaction that comes from having done many jobs and all of them well. Also, I chatted and had a good time talking with lots of friends at the preschool picnic and never once did I fall into what Grace would call a downward social spiral. Oh yeah. Happy dance.

Excited -- Who isn't excited the night before vacation? I'm especially stoked because Mike is excited, too. He's been working his behind off for a long time on a project that finally released last week. Hurrah for him! This vacation will be a truly relaxing time for him and a nice break for the entire family. Woot! Disneyland, here we come!

(Don't worry, you'll be hearing from me while we're on vacation. In fact, we've already set up and paid for wireless access so we'll probably only be offline for the six hours it takes us to get to Anaheim.)