My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, July 12, 2007

 

I love mornings


First cup of coffee
Originally uploaded by marytsao
Just let me state for the record: I am a morning person.

I usually wake up around 7--which I consider the most perfectly civil wake-up time--and after I pee, weigh myself, and wash my face, I'm ready to start my day. At least, I'm ready to go turn on the coffee maker. I love reading the paper while I drink my coffee; my brain absorbs information much better in the A.M. I love doing chores in the morning and I'm most happy if all major appliances in the house are on and humming no later than 9. For most of my twenties, I preferred exercising after work, but now I prefer to do it right after I've had that morning cup of coffee and while my appliances are making my life easier.

Somewhere in that definition of my morning, I can include making breakfast for Emily and Thomas, kissing Mike good-bye when he goes to work, and reminding the kids to hurry up and get dressed because we're running late. Sometimes I also can include taking a shower, but not always.

What about you? Are you a morning person or a night owl? I am assuming that there are only those two options, unless your definition of "morning" falls after noon.

Just curious.