My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 

PDD (Public Display of Dancing) with Matt Harding


Matt Harding in San Francisco
Originally uploaded by marytsao
I got my fifteen seconds of fame today when the kids and I went into San Francisco to dance with internet celebrity Matt Harding for his new video coming out next June. I read in the paper this morning that he would be dancing this evening in Alamo Square Park and I couldn't resist the opportunity to experience it with the kids.

After we danced and took part in the making of the video, the crowd hung out with Matt for pictures and conversation. He's a genuinely nice guy. My fellow dancers were all great and enthusiastic, too. It's nice to be a part of something that's upbeat and positive; hey, wouldn't the world be a better place if we all just stopped to dance once in awhile?

My fifteen seconds of fame came when I explained some deep and meaningful things about Matt's project to a reporter from KTVU Channel 2 News and they included two clips of my interview on the segment they aired on tonight's 10 o'clock news. I watched it with trepidation, but I have to say that I didn't sound or look that bad. Thank goodness for editing and the warm light of sunset.

Unbelievably, KTVU didn't put the video clip from the Matt Harding segment online. I'm flabbergasted that a story about Dancing Matt with such great sound bites by yours truly didn't fall under the "Top Stories" category. Whatever. Of course, we TIVO'd it, saved it for eternity, and also recorded it using a hand held video camera. I'll try and get it up soon for your viewing pleasure.

Have you seen Matt's 2006 video? It brought tears to my eyes; it's brilliant:



Oh, and Matt, the reporter mentioned in his story that tomorrow's your birthday. Happy Birthday!