My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Friday, September 14, 2007

 

Supporting hubby's hobby habit


Burning Man 2007
Originally uploaded by marytsao
This post is all about what a great partner I am, except that I can't reveal any of the specific details about what makes me such a wonderful and supportive wife. All I can say is that Mike has spent many hours this year working on a big personal hobby project. If you think about it, any big personal hobby project = time you aren't doing things like washing dishes and driving your kids to school. But that's okay. As long as you have a partner as wonderful as me.

Smiley face!

Mike's very big personal hobby project requires him to keep his nose to the grindstone for the next month or so, and he's particularly busy this upcoming weekend. In order to give him the space to study uninterrupted, I'm leaving town with the kids tomorrow on an impromptu overnight jaunt to Santa Cruz. We'll cruise the beach and the Boardwalk, and we'll wander around downtown. We might get ice cream more than once.

We'll miss Mike but hopefully he'll be able to get a lot done without the background noise of children being children. Also, we wish him lots of luck tomorrow morning even though we can't talk about why.

Expect lots of pictures when we return on Sunday! Hope you've got something fun and spontaneous planned for this lovely fall weekend.