My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

 

The price of milk in San Mateo

Our local food store just underwent a remodel, which basically means they gave the place new flooring and internal signage, then rearranged everything so that it feels like a new store because shoppers no longer know where anything is.

Oh, and in case you were wondering who was going to pay for this remodel, Mike and I have noticed how all of the prices are higher now than they were when the linoleum was old and scratched. Hello!

But I will admit that my heart beat faster when I went to the grocery store this morning and noticed this:

New cart art
New carts. Clean carts. Carts that don't wobble when you push them. Carts with kid straps that aren't broken. Carts that haven't served as a homeless person's home. Carts with cup holders to accommodate the Starbucks generation. New carts!


This is exciting stuff, but if I had to choose between paying $4.60 for a gallon of milk and carrying my own coffee, I'd probably go with the latter.