My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Saturday, August 25, 2007

 

Fall forward in fifteen minutes


Step 4: Add Thomas
Originally uploaded by marytsao
I'm trying something new with this entry. I'm only giving myself fifteen minutes to get my thoughts down before I push the Publish button. I'm hoping that I'll blog more often if I have a self-imposed deadline and if I know for sure that it won't take an hour out of my busy day.

Okay! Here goes.

We are just days away from leaving for Burning Man. Life is frantic in a positive way. All of our hard work and planning will soon pay off when we get the opportunity to relax and enjoy the art, music, and people that make up the event. Mike has been a great partner in this adventure and we are in agreement about most decisions. When we disagree, it's been civil and hasn't escalated into something horrible. Good, good, good. If we can pull this off, I have no worries about us attempting a month-long vacation in another country (more about that later.)

I am writing regularly in my Burning Family blog and it's been an interesting experience to have a blog with few dedicated readers. I love it. It's refreshing to have a Google page rank of 0 but to see that my blog does come up in searches and that people are finding it. A couple of people have linked to it. I'm hoping the information I'm sharing is helpful to people; I've been getting supportive comments that it is. It's gratifying in a way that's different from the attention that this--my established--blog gets. I might blog more about this later, after I've had a chance to mull it over.

Both Thomas and Emily start preschool the week we get back from Burning Man. My life will change a bit at that time. Due to age requirements, Thomas is going to a different preschool. I'll be busier doing pick ups and drop offs, although I'll also have more time alone on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Aside from preschool, Emily is taking an art class and I'm hoping to get Thomas enrolled in a music class. I think Emily's love of drawing might be a precursor to a love of writing -- we'll see what evolves from the art class. Thomas definitely loves music and the idea of playing musical instruments, especially drums and guitar. I want to get him into a class that has no parental involvement and begins the process of formal training but in a fun, play-based way. There are several music academies around here I can check out.

Uh oh, fifteen minutes is up! I'd better hop in the shower and get to work packing our clothes for Burning Man. Hope you all have a great weekend planned. I hope to blog at least one more time before we leave, but don't expect anything from me next week. I'm not into the guest blogging thing. Hey, how can you miss me if I don't go away?