My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

 

Five random thoughts in ascending order

One
Thomas dropped a ring into the toilet today. Lucky for me--the lady who fished it out--the toilet had been flushed prior to the ring being dropped in it.

Two
Here are two conversations I've recently had with Emily.

Conversation #1:
Me: Emily, do you like art class?
Emily: No.
Me: I thought you liked it!?
Emily: No. I like it a little bit.
Me: What part do you like?
Emily: Snack time!

Conversation #2:
Me: What are you getting out of that drawer?
Emily: Um... another straw?
Me: Emily, no more straws! That's the final straw!

Three
I like to eat three meals a day. I'm a breakfast, lunch, and dinner kind of gal. Recently I've started taking a picture every day of what I'm eating for lunch. I haven't posted any of these, but it's an interesting way to make sure I put a little more care into what I'm putting into my body.

Four
San Francisco is home to four carousels: San Francisco Zoo, Pier 39, Zeum at Yerba Buena Gardens, and Golden Gate Park. My latest child-driven quest is to visit all four. So far we've been to the one at Pier 39. Today we'll visit the one at Yerba Buena Gardens.

Five
I've reduced my workout regime to five days a week. I work out Monday through Friday and take the weekends off. My workout routine is basically the same each time: 25 to 40 minutes of cardio on the elliptical in our living room followed by 10 minutes of arm exercises using 3-pound weights and some stretching.