My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

Where Rosie O'Donnell eats her pizza


John's of Bleecker Street
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
"Shut up!"

This is what you're going to say to yourself when you find out that tonight I spotted my THIRD non-author celebrity.

Yes, tonight I ate dinner not three tables away from the newest co-host of "The View," mommyblogger extraordinaire, and all around cool woman: Rosie O'Donnell.

"Shut up!"

I am in awe of my own celebrity sighting mojo.

When we walked into the back room of John's Pizza Parlor in Greenwich Village, we parked the stroller and tried to get the kids to sit at the correct table. As I walked to our table, I glanced at the booth to my left and saw... Ms. Rosie! She was with a friend and they were enjoying a pitcher of beer and a pizza. Of course. I played it cool and didn't try and get a picture or autograph. Nor did I gush something inane like, "I like your blog and your Flickr pictures and I think your gay family cruise idea was really swell!"

And yet I do, so maybe I should have said something. Although I also believe that even celebrities deserve the right to eat their thin crust New York pizza and drink their beer in peace.

***
Technorati tags: , ,