My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 

Why Wait for Midlife When You Can Have a Crisis Today?

Last week I bought one of Andrea Scher's Superhero necklaces. It arrived in the mail with a card that advised the necklace would protect me from harm, attract people to me, and create magic in my life.

Today I wore the necklace, and when I got home this evening, I saw this parked in the driveway:

Mary's New Car
If a Porsche Boxster isn't magic, I don't know what is.


Mike has heard me talk about how I want a sports car (read: a car that has no car seats) someday, and he decided to make today that someday*. EEEEEEEE!!!!! Is he having a midlife crisis or what? All I know is that if he's having a midlife crisis, but I'm getting the sports car, that's totally fine with me.

I took it out for a spin and it handles beautifully. I felt a little out of practice; it's been a while since I've driven anything that needed revving to 4000 RPMs for smoother shifting. heh. Actually, driving the Porsche made me think about getting another motorcycle. Does this qualify as a slippery slope?

Out on the road, it seemed really wrong that I had to come home and vacuum the living room before I hosted the monthly meeting of my book club.

On the road. EEEEEE!!!!

* Porsche does make a car seat for the Boxster that we ordered today; I can't believe I have to take my kid with me on my midlife crisis. Sheesh.

***
Technorati tags: , ,