My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Read all about the adventures of the Tsao Family during the summer of 2012

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

How to make your kids happy they woke up

Knowing that this was going to be my day-o-relaxation, I made the kids a super extraordinary breakfast this morning. They each got a chocolate dessert cup filled with banana slices and topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.

Emily eating breakfast


Thomas licked his plate clean and then cried when I told him there was no more left.

I had a great day. Rosa came (late, but better late than never, right?) and I took off for a run. The morning fog still hung in the air, which helped because I tackled a hill that I just recently found. It takes me to the highest point in my neighborhood and overlooks a canyon. The view's amazing; I'll take a camera next time and photograph it.

After returning home, I finally touched up my roots. That made me feel human again and I knew the day could only better from there. I ate lunch at my desk -- chicken curry sandwich made from leftover broiled chicken breast that I made last night-- then headed out in the Boxster to experience life as only a mom on the loose can.

Which is to say I sped down 280 blaring AC/DC's Back in Black and went shopping in The City.

I found a black nylon quilted coat at Rabat on 24th Sreet and a heavily discounted tunic top at Ambience (I think that's what it's called.) Then I casually meandered up and down the street while sipping a chai latte. You do understand that I spent the day in heaven, don't you?

It's late and I need to hit the sack. Tomorrow I'm taking Thomas on a run and to playgroup while Emily is at preschool. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to exercising? Freaky.

***
Technorati tags: , , , , ,