My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

How to make your kids happy they woke up

Knowing that this was going to be my day-o-relaxation, I made the kids a super extraordinary breakfast this morning. They each got a chocolate dessert cup filled with banana slices and topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.

Emily eating breakfast


Thomas licked his plate clean and then cried when I told him there was no more left.

I had a great day. Rosa came (late, but better late than never, right?) and I took off for a run. The morning fog still hung in the air, which helped because I tackled a hill that I just recently found. It takes me to the highest point in my neighborhood and overlooks a canyon. The view's amazing; I'll take a camera next time and photograph it.

After returning home, I finally touched up my roots. That made me feel human again and I knew the day could only better from there. I ate lunch at my desk -- chicken curry sandwich made from leftover broiled chicken breast that I made last night-- then headed out in the Boxster to experience life as only a mom on the loose can.

Which is to say I sped down 280 blaring AC/DC's Back in Black and went shopping in The City.

I found a black nylon quilted coat at Rabat on 24th Sreet and a heavily discounted tunic top at Ambience (I think that's what it's called.) Then I casually meandered up and down the street while sipping a chai latte. You do understand that I spent the day in heaven, don't you?

It's late and I need to hit the sack. Tomorrow I'm taking Thomas on a run and to playgroup while Emily is at preschool. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to exercising? Freaky.

***
Technorati tags: , , , , ,