My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

Oh happy day

What a difference a day makes! Today was a great break for me. As soon as Rosa showed up, she took over and I took off.

First I hit The Container Store for the elfa shelving for Mike's home office makeover. I have to give a shout out to that store; the one in San Francisco has never let me down. Today I walked in and spoke to a competent individual who listened to what I had to say and immediately understood and was able to answer my questions. In less than fifteen minutes, I was walking out the door with a receipt in my hand and a smile on my face.

After that I picked up lunch and scooted over to my cousin's house to check out her new baby girl and hear her labor story. I thought it was particularly special because Jennie was there and she's --><-- this close to having her own story to tell. I really like that part of the motherhood club: how we share our stories of how our children came into our lives. Every woman's story is unique -- vaginal birth, c-section, infertility treatments, failed family planning, adoption, short labor, hard labor. Hearing and sharing stories is an age-old aspect of female relationships.

Oh, and the new baby was a total cutie, too. She even let me hold her for a couple of minutes before she started searching for boob. Babies! Like Chris wrote about recently (sorry, too lazy to look up the exact post), I'm really excited to be one of those women who visits other people's babies but who is done having them herself. It's a good feeling for me to realize that.

After a couple of hours of talking, eating, and holding a new baby, I jammed back to The Container Store and picked up my shelves. Here's a picture of me waiting in the car. I am happy. Can you tell?

No, thank you!


I hope I can finish Mike's office this weekend. I have about half a day of painting, then the shelves can go up. Afer I'm done, I'll post the before and after pictures. Then you can ooh and aah over the dramatic difference and offer me a huge check to do the same in your house. ha ha!

What I'm pondering: Will wearing Gap's new skinny black pants give me the legs of Audrey Hepburn? Are they magic pants? I've always wanted to look like Audrey Hepburn...

***
Techorati tags: