My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Yesterday's mascara, today's eyeliner

The Google holiday party was a lot of fun. We ate, drank, and danced until the stroke of midnight, when our chariot turned back into a pumpkin and we were forced to make haste to our castle made of sippy cups. While Mike drove our babysitter home, I curled up on the couch and ate a bunch of expensive chocolate. I only know this because of the empty wrappers I found scattered about on Saturday morning. I woke up to the candy wrappers, a throbbing head, and a face full of make-up that didn't look too bad. At least, this is what I told myself when I realized I wasn't going to get a chance to wash it off.

But hey, like my good friend Mary says, "It isn't yesterday's mascara, it's today's eyeliner!"

It wasn't that I didn't want to take a shower, but we woke up late and after getting breakfast at the local greasy spoon and shopping for our Christmas tree and wreaths, it was time for me to take the kids to our first birthday party of the day. Our friend Ian turned three and his celebration was at a jump tent birthday party place. It was a little bit insane, but also a lot of fun.

After a quick stop at home, we headed to our second birthday party, this one for thirty-five-year old Mary. She had her birthday party at a bowling alley with a game room, thereby confirming my suspicion that there's not much difference between turning three and turning thirty five as long as you have a youthful attitude towards life.

Whatever that means. Apparently my coffee hasn't yet kicked in. Here's a picture of me in my finery:

All dressed up with somewhere to go
More silly pictures are up on Flickr.


Today we're turning the house into a holiday wonderland, picking my parents up from the airport, and preparing for Thomas's 2nd birthday on the 6th. I've also got to squeeze grocery shopping in there somewhere since right now I'm drinking my coffee without milk and that just ain't right.