My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Saturday, March 17, 2007

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
The corned beef is in the oven, the green tablecloth is on the table, and friends are coming over for a kid-friendly St. Paddy's Day feast. St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland and we're using this day to celebrate the Irish in our clan. Mike brings it from his mom's side and my great-grandmother on my grandfather's side was Irish. At least, that's the story my grandmother told me growing up. (Mother, can you substantiate?)

I must admit that I am sorely missing the booze I normally associate with this day. No Guiness or Half-n-Half (Guiness and Harp) for me today. No Bushmills or Jameson (depending on if I'm drinking with a "real" Irishman). No Bailey's Irish Cream or Irish Whiskeys to end the night.

I think I'll go eat the bag of shamrock chocolate that my friend Jennie gave me. (Thanks, Jennie!) And I'll down it with a green tea latte.

Hope you all are having a great St. Patrick's Day!