My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

Wanna be my friend?


Under the Weather
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
I let Emily decide what we should do yesterday and she picked visiting the Strybing Arboretum and Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park so that's what we did. The weather was foggy, but the light was great for photos and the gardens were magnificent in their springtime glory. Pictures of blooming azaleas, a mom who needs some beauty rest, and an unhappy child are up on Flickr. Enjoy!

Today is a wonderful rainy day so we're staying indoors and entertaining ourselves with naps, movies, and Girl Scout cookies. Other things that are making me happy include fuzzy slippers, green tea with lots of sugar and milk, a warm sweater, and a unexpected phone call from Mike to tell me he loves me and he's happy with his life. Also, take out pizza is on the menu tonight (no cooking for me!) because a local pizza place is hosting a fundraiser for my Mothers Club.

I'm supposed to go see a showing of the MomsRising movie The Motherhood Manifesto tonight with my friends over at Maya's Mom, but I'm not sure I want to leave the warmth and coziness of my house...

Speaking of Maya's Mom, have you checked it out? It's where parents share, and it's a good place to meet online friends, journal, get and give advice, and find out about local, kid-friendly events. As an added bonus, Charlene of Crazed Parent and Mir of Would Coulda Shoulda write for the Maya's Mom blog The Sandbox. Love those ladies!

If you join the Maya's Mom community, add me as a friend! We all need friends. Here's a link to my profile.

Speaking of being friends, do you Flickr? It's the best photo sharing site online. Period. It's almost as addicting as blogging and possibly even more. Put that digital camera to good use and share the photos that represent your life. Here's a link to my Flickr profile, where I describe myself as a thirty-everything stay-at-home mom of two married to a Silicon Valley geek. If that description doesn't make you barf, add me as a contact!