My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Saturday, July 14, 2007

 

Weekend of Meme, Day One: Thinking Blogger Award

Kris of Wonder Mom tagged me eons ago for The Thinking Blogger Award meme. Kris is a wonderful writer who has made me think on many occasions; I'm honored she tagged me for the award and I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to accepting it.

The Thinking Blogger Award rules are simple:

  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

  2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

  3. Optional: proudly display the “Thinking Blogger Award” with a link to the post that you wrote.


This award definitely caused me to think, and after much thought, I am awarding the following five bloggers:

  1. Julie of A Little Pregnant. I learn something new with every post she writes. The people who comment on her blog tend to be brilliant, too. She's a witty, profound, and much-loved writer in the Blogosphere.

  2. All of the bloggers who write for BlogHer. This may be cheating a bit, but BlogHer is a site that teaches me many things every day. I usually check it out right after I read Google News and the Daily Dish. I can't single out just one BlogHer writer; they're all brilliant.

  3. Penelope Trunk of Brazeen Careerist. Hey, I'm not just about the mommyblogs and the gossip blogs, people! Her posts--like this one about starting conversations with people you don't know--are well-written and provide practical, good advice. I'm looking forward to seeing her speak at BlogHer.

  4. Elizabeth of Half Changed World. Honestly, I would never want to be seated next to her at dinner because I fear my tongue would twist and I would have absolutely nothing brilliant to say back to her, but I do very much like lurking in her little corner of the Blogosphere on a regular basis.

  5. Her Bad Mother is a damn good writer, and I get the feeling she's no bad mother, either. Unless bad means good. In which case she's sick. Or ill. Anyhooo, HBM has a wonderful way of putting mothering thoughts into words that reek of brilliance and bravado. Sometimes I can't even comment on her posts because they're just so beautiful. Oh, that bad mother. She puts me in tears at least once a week.


Happy Saturday night to you.