My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

 

Halloween: Are we there yet?


Halloween 2007
Originally uploaded by marytsao
Thanks for all of the votes to help me decide which photo(s) I should submit to Mamazine's Mama Focus photo contest! I haven't tallied them yet, but it looks like it will be close. Gee, winning that contest will be something nice to look forward to as I'm slaving away on my NaNoWriMo novel. NaNoWriMo (and the month of November) starts Thursday! Yikes!

In the meantime, there's still one day left to the week-long holiday known as Halloween. Thank goodness we're down to the last day. I'm already burned out on all of this pumpkin-carving and costume-wearing hullabaloo. Today we were happily getting ready to go to the Google Halloween party when it became known that Emily's costume had gone missing. We searched high and we searched low and we could not find that ridiculous yarn wig, pink nylon shorts, and damn fake backpack. Argh!

Lucky for me, Emily adapts to change easily and we decided instead to make her a mini-me, a child witch to match mama witch. A quick raid of the dress-up box yielded a witch hat and a fancy dress (worn by cousin Jessica in another lifetime. Thanks, Barb!) Add to that a string of pearls, some black boots, and a stuffed cat, and voila! A costume as good as any bought in a store.

You know, of course, we did find the Dora costume when we got home from our Halloween party. Somebody (*cough*Emily*cough*) had been playing with it and had stuffed it into a little-used cupboard. At least that certain somebody will get to wear it to school tomorrow for the big preschool Halloween parade. How cute will that be?

Happy Halloween!