My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

We're all in this together


Grammie Martha and Thomas
Originally uploaded by marytsao
My mom and I took the kids to see Disney High School Musical: The Ice Tour today at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. Go Wildcats! The show was a lot of fun, high-energy and action-packed. It really held the kids's attention for the entire hour and forty five minutes (including intermission). Thomas did get a little antsy at the end and asked two times if the show was almost over, but he did it in a very polite way and didn't cry or fuss when he found out that he would have to keep seated for just a tad bit longer. I'm proud of his ability to sit through a musical extravaganza; he'll make a fine partner to some lucky person one day.

Emily told my mom that her favorite part of the show was the singing, while Thomas proclaimed his favorite part was the skating/dancing. My mom can't get over how wholesome the show is -- a real throwback to the days of Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney musicals: "Let's put on a show in the barn!" There certainly was nothing offensive about the event, except maybe the price of the tickets, and I'm glad we went.

I have a good feeling about Emily and Thomas's ability to withstand even more entertainment torture; I'm thinking about getting tickets to a local theater troupe's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It's supposed to be appropriate "for all ages." We'll see!