My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, October 11, 2007

 

Me three

Thomas's language skills are progressing at an amazing rate. Preschool, which he has loved since the first day I dropped him off, has been good for him. Check out this exchange and marvel at his advanced comprehension and skills:

Me: I love butternut squash!

Emily: Me, too!

Thomas: Me, three!

Even Emily didn't understand this joke. She tried to explain to Thomas that he wasn't three, that he was only two.

---

In honor of the number three, here are three websites that I have discovered lately and that I really like:

  • Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project
    When I find myself focusing over-much on the anticipated happiness of arriving at a certain goal, I remind myself of one of my Twelve Commandments: “Enjoy the process.”


  • Curt Rosengren's The M.A.P. Maker [Meaning, Abundance, & Passion]
    Life isn't a static phenomenon. It's dynamic, ever-moving, and ever-shifting. So while the idea of achieving a static state of "work/life balance" is appealing to the part of us that desires the comfort of certainty, it doesn't have much to do with the real world.


  • Michael's Silly Waiter
    There is always some reason we do the work we do, it just might not be the reason you had in mind.


---

Also in honor of the number three, three items of gratitude:

  • Mickey Mouse still has the power to thrill young children. Thank you, Mickey Mouse. My kids love you!

  • Clean sheet make me happy. My sheets are in the washer right now. That means tonight I will sleep on clean sheets. Heaven.

  • Siblings who share make my life sweet. My kids are pretty good at this. I wish I knew the secret because I'd share it with the world.