My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Sunday, October 07, 2007

 

Things I did this weekend


  • Ate pancakes. Also fresh fruit and whipped cream.

  • Read the Sunday San Francisco Chronicle.

  • Finished that article for the nice company that pays me real money.

  • Read a lot of Eat, Pray, Love.

  • Watched the Oprah episode featuring Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love
  • .
  • Baked an apple pie using the apples from our tree.

  • Blew bubbles.

  • Ate lunch at Chevy's.

  • Made a "from scratch" dinner that took longer than fifteen minutes to prepare: Baked Wild Alaskan Salmon, Rice Pilaf, Green Beans, Creamy Brussels Sprouts, and the Apple Pie mentioned above.

  • Got the kids their first pet(s): two hermit crabs they named Thomas and Emily.


Noticeably absent from this list are the items from my To Do list having to do with cleaning closets. Alas, I did not get around to doing any chores of a cleaning or organizing nature. Perhaps the mood will strike me tomorrow? One can only hope.

Except that tomorrow is Columbus Day and in honor of that adventurous Italian, I am going to be adventurous myself and make two items out of my Silver Spoon cookbook: Curried Chicken Puffs (Sfogliatine al Pollo e Curry) and Rigatoni with Meatballs (Rigatoni con Polpettine).

The Italy portion of Gilbert's book has clearly gotten to me. If you've read it, you know what I mean.