Things I did this weekend
- Ate pancakes. Also fresh fruit and whipped cream.
- Read the Sunday San Francisco Chronicle.
- Finished that article for the nice company that pays me real money.
- Read a lot of Eat, Pray, Love.
- Watched the Oprah episode featuring Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love .
- Baked an apple pie using the apples from our tree.
- Blew bubbles.
- Ate lunch at Chevy's.
- Made a "from scratch" dinner that took longer than fifteen minutes to prepare: Baked Wild Alaskan Salmon, Rice Pilaf, Green Beans, Creamy Brussels Sprouts, and the Apple Pie mentioned above.
- Got the kids their first pet(s): two hermit crabs they named Thomas and Emily.
Noticeably absent from this list are the items from my To Do list having to do with cleaning closets. Alas, I did not get around to doing any chores of a cleaning or organizing nature. Perhaps the mood will strike me tomorrow? One can only hope.
Except that tomorrow is Columbus Day and in honor of that adventurous Italian, I am going to be adventurous myself and make two items out of my Silver Spoon cookbook: Curried Chicken Puffs (Sfogliatine al Pollo e Curry) and Rigatoni with Meatballs (Rigatoni con Polpettine).
The Italy portion of Gilbert's book has clearly gotten to me. If you've read it, you know what I mean.