My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, November 26, 2007

 

It's beginning to look a little bit like Christmas

NaNoWriMo is over!! That calls for two exclamation points, people. I had no problem reaching the magical word count of 50,000 yesterday, and this is what I got for my trouble:

Woot! This makes me happy.


I am declaring today to be the official start of winter and thus the start of the season formerly known as Christmas and now known as holiday. I'm putting away the throw pillows and candles colored plum and pulling out the decorating accessories colored cranberry, red, and gold. Bring on the red plaid, baby! I picked up our Christmas wreaths today at Trader Joe's ($12 -- what a bargain!), and there's a pot of red and white cyclamen on our back patio. The bath towels adorned with Christmas trees are hanging in the bathroom, and the Advent calendars are awaiting Saturday morning and the official countdown to Christmas.

Oh, and people? I haven't even taken the official holiday boxes out of the closet yet. Look out.

In other sweet news, our holiday cards have been printed and are on their way to us. Doods, the joy of the season is upon me in a big way. I am feeling the love.

I'm also sending out the love to a couple of family members who might need good thoughts sent their way. My cousin recently had her second baby in a year. That's right: two babies less than twelve months apart. That automatically makes her a saint as far as I'm concerned. I wish I lived closer to her so that I could cook her a meal; luckily she's got a strong support network of family members who live close by. I'm also thinking about my aunt who went in for surgery today. Fingers crossed that all goes well with that.

By the way, has anybody on the planet ever run into Michael's craft store for one small thing--in my case, gold spray paint--and come out with a shopping cart full of projects, picture frames, cookie tins, washable markers, pine cones scented like cinnamon, and wired ribbon? Oh good, so I'm not alone.