My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Friday, November 23, 2007

 

Thanksgivings past

As you know, I am using this year's NaNoWriMo as an excuse to write my memoir. This activity has forced me to think about how handy it would be if I documented more of my life as it was happening, rather than waiting thirty years and having to use my feeble, aging brain to remember things.

Therefore, here is a rundown of all of the Thanksgivings I have spent with my husband. Try not to fall asleep, okay?

Thanksgiving 2002: I was pregnant with Emily. Mike and I were newly married. We went to Santa Cruz to spend Thanksgiving with Mike's mother Jewel and sister Jennie.

No picture available. This was BK (before kids) and before we took pictures of every life event, no matter how large or how small.


Thanksgiving 2003: Emily was 4 months old. We went to San Francisco to spend Thanksgiving with Jennie and her boyfriend Nick, Mike's dad Denis, and family friend Daisy.

Thanksgiving 2003
Witness the world's cutest baby at her first Thanksgiving celebration.


Thanksgiving 2004: Emily was a year old. I was pregnant with Thomas and weeks away from giving birth. We hosted Thanksgiving and invited Jennie and (now) brother-in-law Nick, Nick's sister and boyfriend, and Denis.

Thanksgiving 2004
This photo is from another day right around that time. Surprisingly--or not--I took no photos that holiday.


Thanksgiving 2005: Emily was two years old. Thomas was almost one year old. We hosted Thanksgiving. Jennie and Nick came over and were kind enough to help us take that year's Christmas photo.

Thanksgiving 2005
Food made by our good friends at Whole Foods.


Thanksgiving 2006: Emily was three years old. Thomas was almost two years old. We hosted Thanksgiving. Jennie and Nick came over with their new baby Alex. Jewel and Denis were here, too.

Eating
2006 was the first year I documented Thanksgiving in a blog post.


Thanksgiving 2007: Emily is four years old. Thomas is almost three years old. We drove less than two miles from our house to spend Thanksgiving with our good friends Dave and Miriam. Their daughter Sarah was born less than two weeks before Emily, and they'll be starting kindergarten together next fall.

Thanksgiving 2007
The kid table rocks, and I am thankful.