My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

NaNoWriMo Day 12: Words gone wild

Jeffrey M. Anderson's Why I Write column in this weekend's paper is an interview with author Max Allan Collins.

In the interview, Anderson asks Collins why he writes. I like Collin's response, especially the last sentence.

What I attempt to do is make a living while I'm pursuing projects of interest. I don't limit storytelling to just writing novels--comics, movies, nonfiction, trading cards, video games, I'm there if the money is right and it's material I like. And sometimes even when the money isn't there, I'll do it just because I love to do this. It's a job that's really a hobby gotten out of hand.


I'm up to 22,508 words. By the time I go to bed tonight I'll be up to 24,000 words. I'm almost to the halfway mark!

Technorati tags: ,