My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, January 02, 2006

 

One of those days

Today I did laundry. But that's not what this post is about.

This post is about what happened after I did laundry, when I tried to put it away and realized that the amount of clothes the kids have exceeds the amount of space we have to store their tiny pants, miniature shirts, and wee little dresses.

This post is about how I bit the bullet, my friends. It's about how I marched into the kitchen, grabbed a handful of garbage bags, and sorted the kids' clothes.

This post is about a nightmare of a day. A day filled with chores, endless chores: sorting through old clothes, cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, organizing Christmas stuff.

This post is about how tired I am. I'm so tired that I'm going to go do my 25 minutes on the Elliptical, pour myself a nice glass of Two-buck Chuck, and curl up on the couch with Mike. I'm so tired that there's a good chance I won't make it through the first twenty minutes of a movie before announcing I'm too old for this sh*t and calling it a night at 10:00.

On a positive note, Monday's almost over, we ate out every meal today (brunch and dinner), and tomorrow Rosa comes to watch the kids. Hallelujah!