My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

When life gives you kids

[Update: After a mini fiasco at Starbucks (I asked for a grande non-fat peppermint latte, first got a pumpkin spice latte, then ended up with a mocha), the grocery store outing went without a hitch. I did come home with something I didn't expect: Emily put a toothbrush in the cart when I wasn't looking, but given that the item was a toothbrush and not a candy bar or a jar of $100 caviar, I forgave the little lady and let her brush her teeth just to prove how okay with her behavior I was. The rest of the day was uneventful--a very good thing in parenting land--and I even managed to get some stuff done.]

Scratch the hallelujah part of my last post; Rosa called in sick today. Insert string of unhappy faces here. This is just a quick post to let you know that if you don't hear from me again it means that I did not survive my day of running errands with two kids in tow.

Gotta run -- I'm off to drown my sorrows in a grande non-fat (that's skim to you Midwesterners) peppermint latte while trying to push one of those gargantuan shopping carts that looks like a train and turns corners about as easily as one, too. Chooo choo!

[Note to husband: I'm leaving for Mexico the gym the minute you get home.]