My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Six. Six. Six!

The Six Weird/Interesting Things You Don't Know About Me Meme

Sweatspants Mom (She only looks looks like she's wearing her pajamas) tagged me for a meme, and now the truth must be told: There is nothing weird or interesting about me. Sigh. I knew you'd find this out sooner or later. Judgement day is upon me, people.

1. Every time I hear the number six, I think of Iron Maiden. Speaking of Judgement Day... 666! The number of the beast! Hell and fire was spawned to be released! Ah, 9th grade. Good times. That's some serious brainwashing, however.

2. I match my underwear to my outfits. I don't know why I do this; it's not like I was brought up to match any items of clothing... at all. And yet I now consider which top and bottom I've picked out when I go to get a pair of undies out of the drawer. Sometimes I will pick out an outfit (with matching undies), get dressed, decide I don't like the outfit, and change my undies just to match my new outfit. If I don't do this, I feel like something's wrong. I'm sure this is OCD or something. Although I have to say the undies don't have to match; they just have to coordinate.

3. I have double jointed fingers. I can do this weird thing with my index and middle finger of each hand. I call it "finger splits." It freaked out quite a number of people in jr. high and high school. It maybe even freaked out people in college. It's maybe even freaking people out right this minute! I can only hope.

4. I speed read. It's hard for me to explain how I do this, but I basically don't read every word on a page. I don't know why I do this. I think it's because I devoured books as an escape mechanism when I was little and I raced through them to get to the (usually happy) ending. I haven't spent the time to figure out if I skip words or sentences--probably both--but the ability to speed read is both a blessing and a curse. It allows me to read entire books very quickly yet I sometimes miss important points in passages of prose.

5. One of my boyfriends was a girlfriend. For a period of two weeks in 1989, I dabbled in the fine art of loving a woman. I decided I preferred men. But have you seen Alicia Keys on Sesame Street? DAMN. I thought Elmo's hair was going to catch on fire when she was teaching him the benefits of moving your body fast or slow. I might reconsider my sexuality if Alicia Keys wanted to teach me the benefits of moving my body fast or slow.

6. I own four pairs of leather pants and two motorcycle jackets. These are the last vestiges of my bad mama motorcycling life BK. Before Kids. I still miss my motorcycle that I sold two years ago. *sniff* Maybe I'll buy another motorcycle someday. Right when it's sure to embarrass my teenage kids to death.

If this meme hasn't already.

***
Technorati tags: ,