My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Saturday, April 08, 2006

 

Dead lady's stuff finds good home

A couple of weeks ago, Badgerbag wrote about going to an estate sale. I thought about her post today when I saw a sign for an estate sale just a couple of blocks from my house. I was childfree and feeling good having just come out of the beauty parlor (hairdresser?), so I decided to swing by and see what cool old items might catch my eye.

I found three items to buy, which I will share with you now. But first, let me explain that I fancy myself an off-the-wall dresser, although in reality I am not. I love funky vintage clothes, but when it comes time to choose what I will pull over my head after my shower, I usually go for a solid color cotton t-shirt or turtleneck.

With that thought in mind, here are the three things I bought, all of which are interesting and neat and all of which I never will wear. But I will keep them clean and warm and give them a good home. I promise, lady who liked horses and who wore size 4 leather pants from I Magnin and size 6 knee-high suede boots.

Trendy yet retro, vintage silver metallic purse. Cost: $4.


T-shirt that pretty much sums up how I feel. On the good days. Cost: $1.


Soft and special, vintage cashmere sweater in a pleasing shade of poo brown. Cost: $3.


***
Technorati tags: , ,