My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Vacation withdrawal and me time

I'm tired and I'm having vacation withdrawal. Even with a computer and the Interweb, life still is different when you're on vacation. For one thing, I spent a lot more time with the kids last week and it felt good. It made me think that maybe my life right now has a tad too much "me" stuff in it. It was nice to take a break from some of the "me" stuff and just relax and have fun with the kids.

It made me realize that I could be doing that every day. Most of the stuff I heap on my plate is elective. If I wanted, my life could be filled with nothing but arts and crafts, road trips, and picnics with the kids.

Am I taking on too much? How could that be when I feel that I say no all of the time to projects that I would love to do? Sigh. I didn't realize that when I made the decision to be a stay-at-home mom, I would have to re-make that decision almost every week. It's hard for me to say no when people email me about work opportunities.

Nanny Rosa comes tomorrow. Maybe having some time to be by myself will give me some perspective and remind me that I actually love, want, and desparately need "me" time and "me" projects.

Emily keeps asking about Rosa; she's looking forward to seeing her tomorrow, too.

***
Technorati tags: , , , ,