My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

What a lovely way to burn

Our little Thomas isn't feeling well and there's no sight as sad as that of a sick baby. He was fine at 10:00 this morning when Rosa showed up, but sick with a fever by the time I got home at noon. It's nothing serious--possibly teething-related--and he's responding well to Ibuprofen, but he seems so miserable! I have to admit, though, that it's kind of nice to have a little baby snuggled up on your chest. [note to self: DON'T GET ANY IDEAS ABOUT HAVING ANOTHER ONE.] At any rate, I was snuggling with T on the couch and I could tell Mike wanted in on the action because he casually said, "I can lie down with him if you want a break..." So I was nice and I let him have some sick baby snuggle time. Aren't my guys cute?

Yesterday was what I'm officially calling Wednesday Field Trip day. For our field trip yesterday, the kids and I went to Happy Hollow Park and Zoo in San Jose. We had a great time. I was in a good mood because I had managed to post my review of Why Babies Do That before leaving the house; the kids were in a good mood simply because we were leaving the house.

Kitty kitty meow

If you grew up in San Jose or the Valley, you probably are familiar with Happy Hollow, which has been in existence since the early 1960s. It's a nice place to take kids, especially toddlers and pre-tweens. I like the mid-week, non-summer visits best of all; the park has other people in it, but it isn't painfully crowded. Yesterday, I realized halfway to San Jose that I had forgotten the stroller (doh!) so the fact that for $3.50 I was able to rent a Radio Flyer wagon at the park made me especially like the place.

I'm still catching up on paperwork and blog reading from last week's vacation. Even though I posted pictures and blogged short posts while I was away, I didn't do much else on the computer. So if something happened in your life while I was away and you can't believe that I haven't commented on it, I'm sorry! [And congratulations to Artsy-Craftsy Babe, who gave birth to little Ava Rose on May 1. She's such a cutie!]

Emily's 3rd birthday is in June and I'm contemplating a late May/early June visit to Disneyland. I mentioned the idea to Mike and he didn't immediately balk so I'm off to research hotels and tickets and character breakfasts. I hope it's not too late to make reservations.

***
Technorati tags: , , ,