My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Me and My Old School Swiffer

Most of you are aware that I do this Flickr thing where I post a photo every day of what I'm wearing.

Okay.

What you don't know is that I can not figure out my damn tripod and so this little narcissistic game I thought I would play with myself (and all of you, of course) has turned into one where I have to involve Mike. Our daily conversation goes a little something like this:

Me: (Thrusting the camera in his hand) Take my picture.

Him: (Frustrated sigh of annoyance) What do you say?

Me: PPLLEEEAASSEE.

And then he proceeds to take photos of me without stopping even though I have not yet assumed the position and put on my photo-ready smile.

I love that man, I really do.

Yesterday I needed him to take two pictures of me. One of me with my clothes on for my daily photo and one of me, um, still with my clothes on and holding my beloved Swiffer mop (Shhh... don't tell it I have a Scooba. It doesn't know I've thrown it over for a robot.)

The picture was for Melanie Lynne Hauser's show us your Swiffer contest, which is in part to celebrate the release of her book Confessions of Super Mom in paperback. Congratulations, Melanie! (And if you haven't read her book, go get a copy! It's a wonderful story about a woman named Birdie who was a simple suburban divorced mom of two moving through life unnoticed until a tragic accident involving a whole bunch of cleaning products gives her super powers, and... well, I can't let on anymore, but it's a good book that you won't be able to put down and that will have you cheering at the end. So what are you waiting for? Go get it!)

And also go ahead and enter Melanie's contest. All you have to do is take a photo of yourself with your favorite Swiffer product. It's fun. Ask my husband.

What you are about to see are the photos that Mike took of me getting ready to have my picture taken. These are the ones I did not submit to Melanie for her contest. But you are free to laugh at them all you want. We'll see who's laughing when I win Melanie's contest!

Swiffer_1
The gathering of the props


Swiffer_2
The grappling with the props


Swiffer_3
The checking of the props


Swiffer_4
The assuming of the position. Kid, get out of here!




***
Technorati tags: